With the current pandemic at hand, we have understood the importance of the healthcare sector more than ever. We now know how instantaneous the need of medicines is. Along with medical facilities, pharmaceuticals worldwide are playing a huge role in fighting this war against COVID-19.
Indian pharmaceutical sector supplies over 50 per cent of global demand for various vaccines, 40 per cent of generic demand in the US and 25 per cent of all medicine in the UK.
In the age of digitalisation, Geographic Information System truly complements the growing pharmaceutical industry. GIS collects data geographically, analyses it and integrates it further to the requirements of the user. This data then becomes the framework for mapping potential business and accumulating related information.
With hospitals and pharmacies being the major driving factor for business in the pharmaceutical markets, it is extremely crucial to seal the best deal. Like most sectors, with pharmaceuticals, the precise medical information on patients, the consumers, is required to generate positive financial results. With changing times, pharmaceuticals have to go out there for a better business, and with GIS, the process gets smoother.
How exactly does GIS benefit Pharmaceuticals?
With the gathered geographical information, effective mapping of potential customer base is easier. Using this data, an accurate market analysis can be done which would indicate the exact geographical locations or consumer base. This targeted audience can then be the aim for brand promotion.
One can efficiently acquire information using GIS and put it to substantial use:
- Locating hospitals and pharmacies with greater profits. This helps understand the market value of different medical facilities and then sieve through to land the most profitable client
- Where particularly is the service needed
- Unconquered Sales territory. To discover profit generating locations by tapping into areas covered by none.
- Historical as well as current healthcare data. To study epidemics in depth, and keeping a record of the community’s common diseases and overall biological health, assists in generating quicker solutions when an uncalled for virus hits town.
- Potential of competing businesses. GIS enables to keep close eyes on the market for not just greater opportunities but competitors as well.
All in all, use of GIS not only shows a hike in pharmaceutical profit, but its constant monitoring focuses on directing sales. With GIS, the bids are in your hands.
Contact Us to learn how we can help you with leading edge geospatial solution using latest technology, software, and techniques so that you can make decisions with confidence. LGeom Team is commited to assist you throughout your project where Locational Intelligence is needed. We take our Geospatial tool and Locational Intelligence technology choices based on the needs of each client.